Brian C. Martinson, PhD is formally trained as a sociologist and demographer with postdoctoral training in cardiovascular behavioral health. His work focuses on research integrity, health-related behavior and social determinants of health.
- Investigator, Center for Care Delivery and Outcomes Research, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Internal Grants Program Project Officer and Senior Research Investigator, HealthPartners Institute, Bloomington, MN
- Associate Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
• Health-related behavior and social determinants of health
• Systems science and simulation
• Research integrity and its relationship to the structural organization of science
• Psychosocial issues and bounded rationality in human decision-making as it relates to health and health-related behavior, as well as to research ethics and integrity.
BA, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
MS, Sociology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
PhD, Sociology and Demography, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
Postdoctoral training in cardiovascular behavioral health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Email: Brian.Martinson@va.gov or Brian.C.Martinson@HealthPartners.com
Check out a full publication list on Google Scholar.